| DEPARTMENT: Facility Management ROLE: HVAC Technician AREA: Atlanta, GA |
GENERAL SCOPE: The HVAC Technician performs and/or assists with the daily operations, maintenance and repair of the building systems for a commercial office space.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primarily support the sealed refrigeration / HVAC systems for a commercial office space. Additional functions will include the support of the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems along as well as providing support for kitchen equipment and life safety systems.
Daily functions will include:
- • Performing preventive maintenance duties such as changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers.
- • Perform general maintenance requirements of buildings such as repairs to faucets, urinals, toilets, sinks and system piping.
- • Perform electrical duties such as changing lights, ballasts, wall outlets, switches and lighting tombstones.
- • Perform necessary daily safety inspections to include taking status readings on mechanical equipment.
- • Maintain stock inventory control.
- • Respond to all tenants inquires and complaints verify problems and take necessary corrective action.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Other expectations: • Recommend improvements for the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis. • Develop and maintain effective building specific maintenance procedures. • Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians. • Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, natural or weather related, etc.) and customer concerns. • Comply with all applicable codes, regulations and directives related to building operations, safe work habits and promotion of sustainability. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Competitive compensation and benefits including, but not limited to, a full range of health care benefits, paid time off, and 401K, are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.